Monday, November 24, 2008

Yesterday's "Hands Left Behind" and an upcoming Crafts Sale

I'm tired and I have a headache, but hey!... at least there's a very good reason for it, I was out having fun! It was great to hang out with Joan & the gang. My verdict on last night's show: I wasn't too excited about Mir & A Company's take on modern dance as long as it kept to the ground, but I loved the aerial dance performances. I was particularly fascinated by the shadows cast by the dancers against the back wall. I started to wonder how shadows could have played a larger part in the show. Liz suggested a back-lit screen. More "disembodied" movement would have been perfect for this production, since the dancers were supposed to represent non-corporeal entities like Bowden's psyche, demons haunting him, and desert spirits. The program notes included advertisement for Mir & A Co. classes in aerial dance, which do look a lot of fun on their website.
Apropos advertising, Kathleen sent me an ad for a craft sale where she'll be selling "felted hats and purses from recycled wool sweaters and these crazy hair ties from wool roving." Crazy hair ties from wool roving? I'll have to check those out!

No comments:

Post a Comment