Monday, August 17, 2009


I was so sick and tired of the smoke yesterday, I got in the car & took HWY 1 up the coast on a quest for clean air. I actually saw the fire from the road at the marsh between Davenport and Big Basin. For a moment I thought the State Park was on fire! I had to venture as far as Pescadero. On the way smoke was gradually replaced by fog. Not exactly what I was looking for, so I turned inland, passed the Fun Fest taking place in town, and headed towards Butano State Park and Gazos Creek Road where I finally found blue sky. I was surprised that the air so far north would still not have that sweet, earthy quality it usually has in the woods. Although much better than around Santa Cruz, it still slightly tasted of ash! Thank good the firefighters are making good progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment