Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chocolate Santa Cruz

According to Yelp, service and food can be hit & miss. My advice to the amateur food critics not enthused over Asian chicken salad, or mushroom soup at a place called CHOCOLATE, how about you try what Chocolate does best, which is... who would have guessed?... chocolate! Hallo? Expect the hot chocolate drinks to be rich and dense, the Chicken Mole and Chocolate Barbequed Pork Roast entrees to be spicy, intense, addictive. My only complaint was the dressing on the greens; it was too acidic for me. I will ask them to hold it next time. I'd rather use the olive oil & balsamic vinegar that sit ready on every table. Otherwise, my friends and I left very happy last night. A second location under the same ownership, the Backstage Lounge, opened recently next to the Rio Theater on Soquel. It offers "Asian inspired food." The menu looks good, let's hope in this spot they even get the Sesame Chicken Salad right.

No comments:

Post a Comment