Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Larva, Pupa, Moth.



I saw the collection months ago. I couldn't get it out of my mind. By the time I wanted to take a second look I couldn't remember who the designer was. Alexander McQueen. I finally tracked him down. The idea of having to break out of a cocoon is a little scary, especially to somebody slightly claustrophobic like me, but the element of danger makes the theme all the more beautiful. The execution is absolutely brilliant. Do see the video for gorgeous butterfly prints, gems on heels, and other treasures.

2 comments:

  1. Angelika meine liebe,
    ich hatte es wieder vergessen, dein Geburtstag ist schon gewesen, aber Glückwünsche dennoch an dich, die kann man immer gebrauchen, ha. - bin bei stöbern im januar auf deinen b-day hinweis gestossen.... und hier auf bilder von A.McQueen, dabei wollt ich dich längst mal fragen, kennst du das fashion-designer duo "Rodarte" www.rodarte.net ? das sind 2 geschwister Kate und Laura Mulleavy, die angeblich in St.Cruz aufgewachsen sind, studierten aber in Berkley. - mußt dir unbedingt anschauen, gefällt dir glaube ich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hach, ich schussel, hab mein otto vergessen ! der letzt obige comment ist von der Irena :-)

    ReplyDelete