Friday, November 13, 2009

Apologies!

I've been severely neglecting my blog. I was occupied with grave matters in my free time, namely putting a formal application together for continuation of my German citizenship while pursuing US citizenship. Germany does not allow dual citizenship, but might grant it as an exception to the rule if you can prove necessity. I was always perfectly happy with my status as an "Alien" until this spring, when all of a sudden first my job, then my mom's health were at serious risk.  A double blow that reminded me how fragile the circumstances of my life really are, that they can drastically change at any given time. Becoming a citizen would put me on much solid ground in terms of the job market and residency requirements. It would eliminate restrictions as to how long I can stay out of the US, which has become infinitely more important than it was in the past, in a very scary way. I just have to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment