Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Monterey Jazz Festival


The Monterey Jazz Festival is coming up this weekend. I've never been, so I played with the idea of making this year my first. I had to browse a bit to figure out what the line-up is, and how it works. Since I've done all the work, why not post the link to the one page you need, the one that lists ticket prices and artists. Important to know is that MJF distinguishes between the "Arena" where all the big names appear, and "Grounds" where most of the stages are. I'm afraid I have to pass. $66 for a day, OR a night time Arena concert is a little more than I would want to spend, although I'm curious about Les Nubians, and I would have liked to see what Angelique Kidjo is up to nowadays. Grounds tickets are less, $50 all day Saturday, or Sunday. They give you access to the Grounds stages, but you will only be able to follow Arena concert simulcasts at The Jazz Theater. Well, have fun, if you attend, you with the deeper pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment