Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eight Tens @ Eight

My third "First" last weekend was the Eight Tens @ Eight Festival, which features "a sampler pack of mini plays scripted by eight different playwrights," as the Good Times review put it. I shouldn't even point out that it's been going strong for 14 years. I enjoyed it very much, in particular the comedies. It's a brilliant concept. Which begs the question, where on earth have I been for the last 13 years! Well... uh... right here... snoozing. The only excuse I can come up with is that I didn't have theatre loving friends like Joan, tuned in to local productions &  generous supporter of the Actor's Theatre, to remind me that the show was coming up. If you miss the festival, whose program consists of eight plays chosen from over 150 submissions, you even get a second chance to get in on the action by watching the "Best of the Rest" scheduled for March. I talked to one of the actors, Carol Skolnick, a Fellow SCIFAM member, who appears in the funny and surreal "The Sound of Moonlight." According to her, 'Best of the Rest" might even be the "edgier", and thereby more rewarding show.

No comments:

Post a Comment