Friday, April 2, 2010

New Choir

I have a cold. Annoying, of course, but at least it gives me a chance to catch up on blog entries, for which I couldn't find the time earlier. Among other events that I did not mention was "Best of the Rest" of the "8 Tens @ 8" at the Actor's Theatre, which I actually liked better than last year's. It was only on schedule for four days, so let me move on to recommend something that you don't have to wait another year to enjoy: The New Choir. I saw them in concert late March at Holy Cross Church. They were absolutely amazing! I was so impressed that I had to buy the latest CD. When I didn't have enough money, the lady selling the CDs was sweet enough to offer that I just take one, and send them a check later. What astounding confidence in my honesty! I was able to borrow from a friend, though. It's not quite the same as the incredibly beautiful live performance, but I still enjoy listening to the recording. The New Choir will be touring Korea in June, but they will give a farewell concert in Palo Alto Sunday May 23, 2010, 7 pm, at All Saints’ Episcopal Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment