Monday, January 14, 2008

Let's NOT forget the Eighties!

I wouldn't exactly say that I have been agonizing over the question if I look (and act) feminine enough for this country, but it does pop up again & again to stay unresolved. I'm still bewildered, and slightly bothered by it. Meanwhile, on a different continent, architect Sophie Hicks (click on photo to enlarge) demonstrates once again how attractive androgynous can be. She could wear anything with that face! I should make an effort in the morning to dress in a way that The Sartorialist would take a picture of me. At least make an effort.

Ich bin immer noch und immer wieder erstaunt, wie viel femininer man sogar im verückten Santa Cruz auftreten muss um nicht falsch eingeornet zu werden. Mädels haben lange Haare. Mädel mit kurzen Haaren = bi oder Lesbe. Seufzer. Wenn das Klima in England nur besser wäre. Architektin Sophie Hicks wird in London wohl weniger fix in die Schublade gesteckt. Über den Gummibund könnte man sich streiten, aber mit dem Gesicht (zum Vergrössern auf's Foto klicken) meine ich kann man alles tragen. Fotografiert vom Sartorialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment