Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birthday Season

Joan introduced me to the idea of "The Birthday Season" last year, so it was only fitting that mine should start with Joan treating me to a birthday dinner at Hoffman's. Including champagne and Hoffman's Signature Chocolate Torte. How very nice of her! I had meatloaf for an entree. It sounds pretty homey, but Hoffman's is not you average meatloaf, it's Dream Meatloaf, Haute Cuisine Meatloaf. I'm still holding a bit of a grudge that Hoffman's does not allow you to have coffee and cake on the comfy side of the place. The cafe to the right has only a couple of tiny tables, the booths to the left are strictly reserved for restaurant patrons, even between lunch and dinner when business is slow. The food is very good, though. The meatloaf is unlike any I ever had. Torte is German style & quality, except that the slices are tiny compared to European portions. (Photo by Carlie Statsky for a Metro review)

No comments:

Post a Comment